We at SIPS wish to keep the environment safe and healthy for you all.
We advise that in case of relative symptoms, stay at home and self-isolate yourself until you feel completely well. Please do not forget to notify the College immediately.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses responsible for causing illness ranging from common cold to more severe diseases like MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV.
The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19. This is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans and does not currently have vaccine or known treatment.
Symptoms of COVID–19 include:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty in breathing
Please note that in severe cases, the said infection can cause pneumonia and severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- Cleanse your hands frequently with a sanitizer or wash them with soap and water. This shall kill the viruses that may be present on the hands.
- Cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing, and encourage others to do the same.
- Include more proteins such as meat and eggs in your diet.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth unnecessarily as this might cause the virus to spread. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter the human body and can make one fall sick.
- Stay at home in case of feeling unwell. Please get immediate medical attention, if you have a fever, cough and/or experience a difficulty in breathing.
- Avoid travelling unnecessarily.
- Avoid gatherings in large groups.